Events Tasmania Attraction Fund
The Events Tasmania Attraction Fund provides support to significant participatory events that return substantial economic benefits for our state. The program is a contestable process with applications considered by the Major Events Group – a body made up of industry experts – against set criteria. The program aims to help deliver a regionally balanced event portfolio for Tasmania, spread right through the year.
We are interested in hearing from any organisation that sees Tasmania as a prime location for their participatory event.
Who should apply?
Applications are welcome from any Australian organisation that is able to enter into a funding agreement with the Tasmanian Government.
The basic eligibility requirements are as follows:
- The event must bring at minimum 800 visitors to Tasmania from interstate or overseas; and
- The event must be able to substantiate any claims they make, either through research, verified data or economic impact studies.
Preference will be given to:
- Events that bring substantial benefits to regional Tasmania;
- Events that take place outside the peak tourism season;
- Organisations that can deliver multiple events or multiple-year partnerships;
- Organisations and events that have a strong track record in other parts of Australia; and
- Events that can effectively promote pre-and post-event travel in Tasmania.
What isn't supported?
In relation to reasons event would not be eligible for a grant – our funding programs don’t support conferences, conventions, symposiums, touring productions, trade fairs, fundraising events, expos and events that are primarily a showcase for stall-holders to demonstrate, promote or sell services or products.
If an event already receives funding from Events Tasmania they are not eligible for funding from the Events Tasmania Attraction Fund for the same event.
Get in touch
Please contact us to discuss your event and we will talk you through the application process.
Applicants for Events Tasmania Attraction Fund support are required to enter in a grant deed with the Tasmanian Government. Please note that Events Tasmania does not own, operate or facilitate events.